Monday, October 24, 2011

It wasn’t USELESS after all…

Last Wednesday started with a sinking, depressing feeling… though it shouldn’t have come as a surprise after the lack of peace and joy since the last couple of weeks - at home, in relations, and within me…

Mind was reeling with conflicting questions… and heart with hope (though a little faint) that something comes my way to renew my energies…

Everything I did was taking more effort than usual - from getting ready to sitting in the cab, to dragging myself in the office… Would it be any better later in the day?

Anyways… had to get on with the day so I started my routine with a cup of coffee… On my way back from the pantry, I just stopped over at a colleague’s desk to have a little chit chat we usually do to catch up on what’s happening in other’s life… Few minutes in the conversation, he opened his desk drawer and took out something to give me…
Boy…Was I Surprised? YES of course, what else do you expect?

Moments later after finishing the conversation, I walked away from his desk looking at the gift that I now held in my left palm. And I paid no heed at all :) to his comment “it’s kinda useless.”

I was more interested in the range of emotions I was experiencing all of a sudden… from the childlike excitement and curiosity on getting something new… to the pleasant feeling on being surprised… to the emotion of being cared… to the burst of new energy that I suddenly felt…

Let me tell you the small shiny thing was not just an unexpected gift… it seemed it was a reminder…

But before I share what it reminded me of, let me actually share what it was – A shiny silver key chain shaped like a book encasing a miniature bible... brought a :) to your face just like it did to mine.

It may sound strange, but it is really true. The few seconds I took to reach my desk, all the while looking at the gift held in my palm, left me with a renewed experience… as if something got re-activated :)

What I got reminded of was who I always have i.e. Christ, my eternal friend, my Savior and what He has given i.e. His Word for me to keep forever and gain strength from every time I am in need.

Suddenly, the day didn’t look dull, dead, or depressing. Suddenly I was looking forward to all the work, and travel planned in the evening that would otherwise tire me physically. Suddenly my spirits were lifted to a completely new level, a renewed confidence that “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Phil 4:3… my all time favorite verse from Bible).

To the one (hope he will get time to read this post) who gave me the “kinda useless” gift, I want to say: “Bless you buddy… Trust me when I say you contributed in my life. And it wasn’t useless after all :)”

3 comments:

Khaamoshiyan ki zubaan... said...

what should i say masi! ur writings r just so inspiring, always! and this one too, was as usual, so so good to read! thnx for sending the link! coz these are the lessons we too need to read again again to get the much required *PUSH*! :)

ina said...

REALLY TOUCHING!

VikasMassey said...

Inspiring and reassuring, may be i too had started slipping away in the mesh of this world. Keep Writing !