Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Embracing “myself” the way my Savior does


Few days back I found an interesting quote that inspired a thought. The quote first:

A small light can do a great deal when it is in a very dark place… Like one little candle in the middle of a large hall can give a good deal of light.

So true... isn’t it?

There have been many instances in my life when I’ve searched and searched for that light, that ray of hope that can lighten the darkest corners of my life, especially the ones in my heart & mind causing fear & chaos.

And thanks to my Lord for all the times that I did find something that lit the path ahead of me... enough for that time to take the next step at least. And in faith I moved and life happened.
But since a long time there has been an evident struggle in my heart & mind... and a continuous experience of not having a light to guide my step further in any of the area... Was I troubled? Yes to the core and thoroughly confused too.

But while reading this quote, a thought struck my mind... may be Lord does not want me to focus on finding the light outside... Maybe He wants to lead me to a light within me – a light that is unique and truly mine...
I asked myself - can I be like that candle? Can I light the darkness of the world around me?

The question has been provoking a lot of thoughts & actions... including being on a journey of self-discovery...

I have begun… that is all that I know... making efforts to accept whatever gets revealed every day... Embracing “myself” the way my Savior does... with love, compassion, & forgiveness...

No comments: